A gathering place for like minded players of Travian Classic.

Erik's Efficient Sim Guide to Villa 2

L.T.
    Admin

Post  L.T. on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Not my guide, but one I use. First time I followed this, on day 3 of the server, coming out of beginner's protection, I was ranked #1 on the server.
    Settlers moving on the 25th day.

L.T.

villa at settlers time:

Wheat lvl 7 (x6)
    Clay lvl 7 (x4)
    Wood lvl 7 (x4)
    Iron lvl 7 (x4)
    flour mill lvl 2
    Cranny lvl 10 (x3)
    Cranny lvl 1 (x9)

Main Building level 5 ---- Rally Point level 1
    Granary level 6 Barracks level 1
    Warehouse level 8
    Marketplace level 1+
    Embassy level 3

Residence level 10

Okay.

I’ve had some demand for an efficient simming guide and I’m trying my darnedest to get it out before us5 starts play tomorrow. I have a shortage of free time so I’m going to post up my build order for the first 12 days or so and then a more general time line to the end. When I get time later I will tidy up my spreadsheet to share as a Google doc and perhaps fully flesh out the build orders all the way to the second villa.

This is a guide for someone who wants to sim to their second village without having to raid at all. With the quests it is possible to do this in a very reasonable amount of time so long as you don’t get distracted from your main objective. Get fields for resources to power up your economy as quickly as possible.

If you just want to skip to the meat of this guide, Below I will lay out the build order to efficiently take you from spawn to your second villa via pure simming after these walls of text.

This guide assumes the following things:
    You are playing as a Gaul.
    You use Travian Plus.
    You use the % resource bonuses.
    You are willing to use the NPC merchant occasionally.

When simming, there is one tribe that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Gauls have the best merchants, best crannies, and most balanced defense unit (who is also the cheapest... I call the phalanx the mace men of defense), along with early game intimidation factor of the trapper and the least expensive settlers as icing on that cake. This guide will assume that you are playing as a Gaul since it is the easiest to accomplish.

If you intend to sim as a Roman or Teuton it will play much the same except you will get less profits from the marketplace (if you choose to make trades for early resource profits), you will need to build more level 10 crannies and you will need to build your extra crannies earlier.

Periodically you will need to wait to accumulate resources in order to buy your next batch of fields and buildings. I have noted wait times in my build order based upon my calculations. What I did not note is build times for how long fields and structures take. My guide assumes that structures taking longer than a few minutes to build will be instant completed. In actuality this is not necessary later on since you can usually just start building earlier into the scheduled wait time as my waiting periods for resources usually let them pile up enough to queue up several items at once. If there is a 12 hour wait you could start queuing stuff at 8 hours and get an early jump on construction and production.

Travian Plus is recommended (helps for the queuing and checking how long things take to build) and %resource bonuses are mandatory for this guide. I tried to keep the NPC'ing of resources reasonable (you only need 7 times in the first 9 days) by building organically (clay-wood-iron-wheat) so that resources balance out pretty well.

There are things you can do to speed up your progress on this guide. NPC to build as soon as possible, trade on the marketplace for profits (and NPC those undesirable resources into desirable ones), instant complete everything, be online often to queue up stuff as soon as resources become available... but realistically if you have time for all that then you may as well be raiding. I try to keep things relatively undemanding and reasonable in the spirit of easy simming.

Anyhow, here goes the build orders.

Day 1

* Wood lvl 1
    * Wheat lvl 1
    * Quests 1-4
    * Clay lvl 1
    * Iron lvl 1
    * Quests 5-8
    * Wheat lvl 1 (x2)
    * Wood lvl 1
    * Clay lvl 1
    * Iron lvl 1
    * Wheat lvl 1 (x3)
    * wait 12 hours for rat
    * Quest 9-10
    * Wood lvl 1
    * Quests 11
    * Wood lvl 1
    * Clay lvl 1 (x2)
    * Iron lvl 1 (x2)
    * Quests 12-13
    * Cranny lvl 1
    * Quest 14
    * Wheat lvl 2
    * Clay lvl 2
    * 2 hour wait
    * Wood lvl 2
    * 2 hour wait
    * Iron lvl 2
    * Quest 15-16
    * 2 hour wait
    * Wheat lvl 2
    * 5 hour wait
    * MB 2-3
    * Quest 17-18
    * Gran lvl 1
    * Quest 19 (E)
    * Ware lvl 1
    * Quest 20 (E)
    * Market lvl 1
    * Quest 21 (E)
    * NPC
    * Wheat lvl 2 (x3)
    * Wood lvl 2
    * Clay lvl 2 5:21

If you instant-build the buildings (MB, granary, warehouse, market) and let fields grow at their own pace then you will take about 24 hours to get to this point.

End of day 1 population & production: 44 pop+1 rat, 35/35/30/18 production. Not too shabby.

I have the rat is factored into wheat production always since people may be afraid to attack a large fast growing Gaul in the early game. If you can get a friend to kill it for you that will save you a fair chunk of wheat over time.

Day 2 (24+ hours passed) (slow day)

* 8 hour wait
    * Wheat lvl 2
    * Clay lvl 2
    * 13 hour wait
    * Wood lvl 2 x2
    * Clay lvl 2
    * 9 hour wait (goes on into day 3...)

49 population, 45/45/30/17 production

Day 3 (48+ hours passed) finish level 2 fields, and get that cranny before BP wears off!

* NPC
    * Iron lvl 2 (x3)
    * Quest 22-23
    * Wheat lvl 3
    * 13 hour wait
    * Cranny 2-7 (Ready for BP ending during next waiting period!)
    * 9 hour wait

57 population, 45/45/45/17 production (920 cranny protection, 736 vs teuts)

Day 4

* NPC
    * Clay lvl 3 (x2)
    * 9 hour wait
    * Wheat lvl 3 (x2)
    * 10 hour wait
    * Cranny lvl 8
    * 1 hour wait (i.e. while the cranny builds)
    * Cranny lvl 9

61 population, 45/60/45/30 production (1540 cranny protection, 1232 vs teuts)

Note: I don’t recommend completing the embassy quests right away. The rebates do make it very good value for your CP production, but you really need to focus on fields early on. Level 4 fields get you to where the embassy costs are only a speed bump to your production.

Day 5

* 12 hour wait
    * Clay lvl 3
    * Wheat lvl 3
    * Wood lvl 3
    * 6 hour wait
    * Wood lvl 3 (x2)
    * 10 hour wait

65 population, 68/68/45/33 production

Day 6

* Clay lvl 3
    * Wood lvl 3
    * Iron lvl 3
    * 10 hour wait
    * Wheat lvl 3 (x2)
    * Iron lvl 3
    * 11 hour wait

71 population, 75/75/60/42 production

Day 7

* Iron lvl 3 (x2)
    * Wheat lvl 4
    * 12 hour wait
    * NPC
    * Clay lvl 4 (x2)
    * Wood lvl 4
    * 12 hour wait

78 population, 84/93/75/44 production

Day 8

* NPC
    * Wheat lvl 4 (x2)
    * Ware lvl 2
    * Embassy lvl 1
    * Quest 24
    * 12 hour wait
    * Clay lvl 4 (x2)
    * Cranny lvl 10
    * 12 hour wait

86 population, 84/110/75/51 production (2000 cranny protection, 1600 vs teuts)

If you are making profits off the market and NPC'ing there, then I recommend using those profits to upgrade your marketplace as you go along.

Day 9

* Wood lvl 4 (x3)
    * Ware lvl 3
    * 12 hour wait
    * NPC
    * Wheat lvl 4 (x2)
    * Embassy lvl 2-3
    * Quest 25
    * Iron lvl 4
    * Cranny lvl 1 (x2)
    * 15 hour wait

96 population, 110/110/84/59 production (2400 cranny protection, 1920 vs teuts)

The extra crannies are more for CP than for resource protection at this time, though you will need them later. You should keep building level 1 crannies until you have 12-13 crannies in total. They give better CP than level 1 embassies for their price (almost tied until you factor in population costs over time) and give better protection than fully upgraded crannies for their price.

Day 10

* Iron lvl 4 (x3)
    * Wheat lvl 4
    * 13 hour wait
    * Ware lvl 4
    * Gran lvl 2
    * Clay lvl 5
    * Wheat lvl 5
    * 10 hour wait
    * Clay lvl 5
    * Wood lvl 5

Population 107, 124/138/110/70 production

Day 11

* 12 hour wait
    * NPC
    * Clay lvl 5
    * Wood lvl 5
    * Wheat lvl 5
    * Cranny lvl 1 (x6)
    * 14 hour wait

Population 109, 138/151/110/82 production (cranny protection 3600, 2880 vs teuts)

The extra crannies are for CP and resource protection now since the long waits are starting to make serious piles of resources. Remember that marketplace trades add to your resource total for the limit on what the cranny protects, so vs teut raiders you may need a lot more protection than the full warehouse capacity if you have several trades up at a time.

Day 12

* Wood lvl 5
    * Wheat lvl 5
    * Iron lvl 5
    * 12 hour wait
    * NPC
    * Clay lvl 5
    * Wheat lvl 5
    * Wood lvl 5
    * Gran lvl 3
    * Cranny lvl 1 (x3)

Population 115, 165/165/124/103 production (4000 cranny protection, 3200 vs teuts) 1st settlement

Day 13

* 12 hour wait
    * NPC
    * Iron lvl 5 (x3)
    * 12 hour wait
    * Wheat lvl 5 (x2)
    * Ware lvl 5
    * Gran lvl 4-5
    * MB 4-5

Population 126, 165/165/165/119 production

Level 5 fields done, and a fair bit of infrastructure at the ready for your next step.

On day 14 you will begin building level 6 fields. Much in the same order as level 4 and 5 fields went down. Do a couple clay, then a wood. Another couple clay and a couple wood. Throw in some wheat and iron afterward. An easy way to figure out what resource you need to build next is to just check which one will be ready to build at the earliest. That’s usually the right one to build.

Level 6 and 7 fields will give a huge boost to production and they each give +1 CP/day as well (bonus!)

The flour mill will be built at the intervals described on the kirilloid resource calculator.

Level 1 flour mill with wheat fields at 6/6/6/6/ 5/5
    Level 2 flour mill with wheat fields all at 7
    Level 3 flour mill with wheat fields all at 8

Briefly your next days will go:

Day 14
    2 Clay, 1 Wood, 1 Wheat
    186/207/165/133 production

Day 15 *2nd villas start to appear.
    2 Clay, 2 Wood, 1 Wheat
    229/250/165/145 production

Day 16
    1 Wood, 3 Iron, 2 Wheat, 1 Flour Mill
    250/250/229/188 production

Day 17
    1 Iron, 2 Wheat (level 6’s done!), 2 Clay lvl 7
    250/300/250/227 production

Day 18
    2 Clay 7, 2 Wood 7, Ware 6, Gran 6
    300/350/250/221 production

Day 19
    2 Wood 7, 2 Iron 7, Cranny 2-10 (now have 5800 cranny)
    350/350/300/206 production

Day 20
    2 Iron 7, 3 Wheat 7, Ware 7
    350/350/350/275

Day 21
    3 Wheat 7, Mill 2, Ware 8, Cranny 2-10 (now have 7700 cranny), Res 1-2, Rally 1
    350/350/350/370

Work on that residence to 10 and settlers.
    You are producing about 34k res/day. It will take about 130k resources to get your residence up to 10 and your 3 settlers. That’s 4 days from now. 22700 per settler
    Day 25 send settlers to your new village and while they are traveling pour all your resources into raising your marketplace as high as you can.
    (res 3 thru 10 = 57020, 3 settlers = 68100, total 125,120 @34k = 3.68 days)

Your CP may be a bit short since this works so quickly. If I hear back from folks saying that they needed more CP then I’ll recommend raising the Embassy and Marketplace a bit more and work that into the build order.

Happy simming. (I may make a future guide on how to continue simming but the farther down the line you go the more variables present themselves which will force a guide off the rails. The lovely thing about this guide is that you lose nothing to raids, it is too early for catapults (unless you have really bad luck in neighbors), so it should be very repeatable.

I rushed at the end of this to get in under my deadline so hopefully no errors snuck in unnoticed.

This guide is very helpful and teaches you to be efficient with your village and building it up to be a very powerful empire. I know this is a simming guide but maybe you could suggest to start on military so you would truly have a strong empire.

Another point, following your guide it takes 24 days to settle your second village. In my opinion, since you're making so much resources from the fields you're probably better off saving for a celebration rather than building so many extra buildings just to gap that extra space. In the long term, yes it would produce more but do keep in mind that the Town Hall produces quite a load of Culture Points.

That's just my opinion and following other means suggested in your guide might also work.

In short, level 1 crannies are the bomb. No pop, same CP/res as a level 1 embassy and (Gaul) 200 res protection apiece.

The extra buildings are actually necessary for proper cranny coverage. If you did not have the extra 10 level 1 crannies then you would need to pay triple the cost for a level 10 cranny for the same protection and have 5 more pop, paying out 120 extra wheat per day for the pleasure, and you get 10 CP/day instead of 6/day with a level 10 cranny. Now a good and cheap way to get more CP is to either get an academy+barracks.

Going with parties will not shave off time since your limiting factor is still resources. That would actually add a day or two to your wait for settling.

It is debatable whether one ought go to level 8 fields first. You will add a couple days onto your settling date but have a big boost in production for pushing and building phalanx+fields in your spawn. You can actually shave a day off by getting settlers with level 6 fields but I do not like how little you can push afterward and the time spent sitting on settlers is longer than my comfort level allows.

I just popped up the Google doc spreadsheet there since it helps for seeing how far out you need to balance your NPC'ing needs for. I would try and NPC it down to the wire as far as I could for costs.

Incidentally, you may actually wind up making the 24 day mark anyway. It is a bit conservative in the end since I just took your beginning daily production and used that for 24 hours to figure out how many more fields you can build... when in actuality as you build fields during the day your production raises a bit more.

And of course making trades on the marketplace and upgrading the market with those trades is left out of the guide, and building sooner than the wait times (i.e. 10 hours into a 12 hour wait you could probably lay down a field or two waiting for the rest of the res to pile up) will speed it along.

I think I slightly undersold the cost for residence + settlers, so it probably balances out though. It may probably be worthwhile to get that 1 residence a bit early (like partway through level 6 fields) to spot check how CP are coming along.

Worst case scenario though, if CP are coming too slowly, just get a few level 8 fields before getting settlers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    One other thing I noticed scanning ahead is that you listed two Day 4s. Looks to be a mistake, which would mean that every day past the first Day 4 is actually Day n+1... Which means you settle on Day 25 instead of Day 24.
    Gah. I see what I did there. Around that point I switched from counting "stuff completed at end of day" to "beginning of day." The timeline is actually still on target. After 480 hours have passed (20 days) you will have level 7 fields complete. From there it will take a bit over 4 more days to get your residence and settlers. So I suppose at the start of your 25th day is when the settlers are available.

I have the hour counting on the side of my spreadsheet. Anyhow, I'll correct the day counting so it doesn't have that double-day 4 and start on day zero. Thanks again.

[edit note]
    Romans and Teuts will have to take note that they need to plunk down a few extra 2-10 levels on their 1 crannies before saving up for the residence/settlers, and they also need an extra level on their granary because they aren't awesome like Gauls with inexpensive settlers.

By NPC'ing and instant completing as soon as possible and making some nice trades on the marketplace you might be able to shave off an extra day. Likewise going for residence with level 6 fields will shave off a day... except you will be sitting on settlers forever and your ability to push villa #2 to getting its fields up will be much slower after you settle.

I think a Gaul with an unlimited gold budget and very high activity could sim villa #2 in about 22 days with level 6 fields... but if you are gonna put that much work into it then you are already working as hard as the top raiders and not get nearly the amount of return on your time and resources.

I heard from Greenman that he ran a lil short on CP when he had enough resources for settlers, though there were some issues on build order execution.

If folks find themselves short on CP when they build their first residence level, then I strongly recommend building up level 8 fields before getting the 10 residence and settlers. I know I got my market up to level 6-8 via trading for profit before I had my settlers, that may have helped me on my CP production.

If there is demand for it, I am pondering adding in part 2, on how to defend your high %oasis 15c cropper villa after you have settled it. A Gaul who knows what they are doing should have no excuses for losing a cropper fight unless they settle it right next to a strong player's spawn.

I just finished running this on s1, and it works as advertised. I was ~24 hours away from having the CP when I finished my settlers. I wasn't too aggressive about taking profitable trades and upping my marketplace, though. If you could get 6-7 MP levels up, you'd probably be fine. I only had 3.

Great guide, Erik. but it pains me to see that many crannies in a village.

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:09 pm